“… Listeners experienced a completely unforgettable evening, especially thanks to the wonderful Elena Nesterenko at the piano. It was impossible to tear herself away from her magical play. She appeared as an inspired interpreter of Wagner’s grandiose music and received well-deserved love of the public … An overture to Tannhäuser was received with frantic enthusiasm …”
“Your interpretation of my sonata (second sonata) is the closest to my own interpretation and perception, and this I am talking about everyone who ever played it!”
Munich leading music critic Joachim Kaiser
“You have a huge heart and brilliant fingers.“
“It is very rare to hear such a colorful performance of the performance of Isolde’s Death in a piano arrangement. Besides, you just bewitched me with your tremolo!“
“… A rich palette of carcasses and nuances along with a stunningly expressive cantilena captivated the audience … The highest culmination of the evening was the Tannhauser Overture … At the end of an almost 3-hour sold-out concert,“ Isolda’s Death ”was performed. Here again the pianist launched all the registers of her talent.“
“Your recording of the Liszt Sonata need not fear comparison with the most famous recordings of our colleagues Arrau, Curzon, Gilels and Richter, who are no longer living….”
“… Elena Nesterenko can play like a devil and would make even Liszt proud”.
The art of Elena Nesterenko has absorbed the best traditions of the Russian and German performing schools.
The captivating expressiveness and depth of penetration into the composer’s plan, emotional fullness, possession of the finest nuances, secrets of musical energy, precise phrasing, the richness of the colorful palette is combined in her play with impeccable and refined virtuoso technique.
CD's and recordings
- 1998 debut CD with works by Skriabin, Shostakovich and Liszt
- 2001 BR – live recording – CD with works by Schubert, Ravel and Chopin
- 2005 Live recording – CD with works by Schumann and Chopin (Odeonconcerte)
- 2007 N.Medtner “Forgotten Wises” op.38 – BR recording (BR production)
- 2011 album with 3 CD’s for tour with Lutz Görner “Franz Liszt for everyone”
- 2012 album with 3 CD’s for tour with “Chopin!” With Lutz Görner
- 2013 album with 3 CD’s for tour “Richard Wagner” with Lutz Görner, Kosmos Liszt
- 2018 CD-Live inauguration of the new wing at the Weimar Clinic (solo program)
- From 2014 until now many video / audio recordings solo, with orchestras and from lessons on YouTube channel:
⇒ Visit My Channel
Elena Nesterenko – concert pianist, Steinway Artist
Professor and founder of Maestro Academy Elena Nesterenko and Weimar Intensive Piano Courses
Professor, founder and artist director of the International Music Festival “Music is the way of life” with the Kostroma Symphony Orchestra in Russia.
Elena played more than 700 concerts around the world, her teaching experience is 30 years, included 12 years at the University for Music and Theater in Munich
Since 2014 she startet the International project – Weimar Intensive Piano Courses. More than 100 students from 24 countries attended this courses and improved their skills, many of them were delighted about their results by entry exams and competitions after the courses.
Elena is invited as Jury member at various International Piano Competitions.
Professional music content and support of students in with practicing ideas and challenges on Instagram: